THANK YOUR PET FOR THIS

DOGS

My love for dogs is what people would say is so much but it is actually for a reason and that is Sophie my 5 month old bitch, my only constant homie these days , my child. Pets can be the best companions ever and studies have recorded that they help in reliving stress and can help with depression and loneliness. Those were not the best days of my life, they were dark and I feared losing my soul but then Shabad ( my brother) gifted me this sweet tiny creature, I was afraid of dogs then and they disgusted me but with time this sweet little angel poured down so much of love on my soul that I just couldn't deny loving her. I am so grateful to the universe for sending her to me, she kind of gave me a new purpose.


There are several plus points of having a pet:


1. HELP YOU CONTROL YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE

Research backs this up, living with pets provides health benefits like lowering blood pressure and anxiety - and boosting immunity, as well. Levels of serotonin and dopamine (those neurotransmitters that make you feel so good) rise when you play with a dog or a cat or even your pet parrot. Also, several studies have found that pet owners who have heart attacks survive longer than those who don't have pets.


2. THEY BRING RESPONSIBILITY WITHIN YOU

Being responsible for someone else's life brings about responsibility in a person. This is especially true for kids who are learning the value of routine and good habits. However, adults can benefit from the consistent responsibility as well. All pets need attention.


3. UNDERSTANDING THE UNSAID

Nonverbal communication plays a huge role in communication development in a human being, having a pet somehow enhances that. At times Sophie doesn't bark or make weird noises but I just understand when she needs a hug or when she is afraid and I have to do in such case. At times it's just her eyes, innocent puppy eyes which notify me that she wants to get in my bed.


4. REAL STRESS BUSTER

A lick from Sophie and I forget how tired I am, how long it was. The moment your pet comes and cuddles you, all your tensions of the day vanish in a jiffy. Not to mention all the licking which makes you forget all your worries for a moment! It only takes a few minutes with a dog or cat or watching fish swim to feel calmer and less stressed. The level of cortisol, a stress hormone, lowers. And serotonin, a feel-good chemical your body makes, rises.


5. A FOREVER, LOYAL FRIEND

Pets, whether dogs, cats or any farm animals – make great friends for everyone in the family because they are a great source of love and friendship. Pets are playful beings in the house as they keep everyone, young and old, happy in the house. It is believed that elders find great companions in pets, and kids who grow up with pets are less self-centered than the ones that have no pets at home. With pets at home, you always feel attached to your house, and want to come home soon, no matter where you are


I don't cry a lot, usually but whenever I do Soph is always there to lick my tears. She never lets me be alone , at times she even follows me to the washroom and stands there until I am done. She loves watching American shows and she can pull an all nighter for the same.


6. AN ALARM CLOCK
I swear I don't set alarms anymore and still I wake up early, attend all classes, all thanks to soph. So don’t be surprised if you have your cat or dog, meowing or barking very loudly at your head while you are sleeping, standing over you, or even swatting you with their paw to wake you up.

While my dad was home and Soph was a tiny puppy he used to put her on our bed and then she used to jump all over my body and wake me up, such a cutie pie she always has been.



7. ANIMAL LOVER EMERGES IN YOU

The way we respect animals shapes the way we treat not only ourselves but others. It’s not uncommon for young children to pull a cat’s tail or tug at a dog’s fur out of mischief but it’s up to us, as adults, to teach the surrounding young to respect animals. Animals have feelings and deserve respect, and they make us people better.

 

8. DOSAGE OF ENTERTAINMENT

Pets can be extremely entertaining without even trying or knowing they are doing so, and without any special training too. Just think about watching your pup chase his tail that always seems to stay one step ahead of him, or when your cat chases a fly or finds a piece of string on the carpet and tries to grab it. Their antics instantly make us laugh.


9. PETS CAN MAKE YOU SOCIAL

Taking your dog for a walk is an everyday schedule for dog owners. You’ll often find that people will stop to talk to you about your dog in the park. Having a pet is a great way to meet new people and create bonds quickly, especially if you’re not too good at small talk. My neighbors love Sophie so much that they often take a moment to take to her whenever she leaves the house.


FINAL THOUGHTS

Having a pet has unlimited benefits, it serves as a purpose to live for many people. They help us stay physically, mentally and emotionally fit .The positive energy that pets provide us with speaks for itself, and it’s not something that we should take for granted. Adopting a pet can not only change your life for good but also improve the life of that soul. I believe it's the least we can do for other creatures. 


Comments